- Table View
- List View
With long hours, huge responsibilities, and average pay, nursing is often as challenging as it is rewarding. By teaching new nurses what to expect, how to get what they want, and how to succeed in today's medical environment, this book is the one-dose treatment to prevent burnout. Written in an easy-to-read, direct, and honest way, this helpful handbook will teach new nurses what they didn't learn in nursing school. Veteran R. N. Kathy Quan offers readers information on how to: balance a hectic new schedule (for work, sleep, and life) deal with doctors avoid illness themselves continue education while working cope with death of patients (the first time, and after) and more With this book, nurses get real-life advice on how to cope, perform, and excel in their field--one shift at a time!
As a new nurse you're entering one of the most challenging and rewarding fields. You will quickly learn how to navigate a complex medical landscape, care for sick and vulnerable patients, and manage stressful situations with skill and ease. This book will be your reassuring guide through all this and more. Veteran nurse Kathy Quan teaches you how to: Balance a hectic schedule, handle stress, and avoid burnout Deal with doctors and other medical professionals Continue education while working Use software, smartphones, and apps to help treat patients Packed with tips and strategies from nurses who have seen and done it all, this revised and updated guide gives you all the tools you need to get through those first critical months on the job--and beyond.
With The Everything Guide to Careers in Health Care, you can explore all the employment possibilities in health care, and choose the right career path just for you.
There are a lot of issues to consider as our loved ones get older. From in-home care to assisted living facilities, there are myriad options available - and each person's needs are unique. Family members need a resource that will answer all of their questions and ease them through this often complicated transition. This helpful handbook guides concerned children as they: decide which level of care is best for their parent; maintain communication and discuss difficult topics; handle home safety issues; manage transportation; find and work with a primary-care physician; navigate insurance paperwork; handle legal issues and questions; and other sensitive issues. From setting up a support network to avoiding scams, this informative guide will help a family decide on - and implement - the best care options for their loved ones.
The Everything New Nurse Book is the ultimate hand-holder for the new nurse as she steps through the hospital door that first day on the job. Covering everything new nurses didn't learn in the classroom, veteran nurse and author Kathy Quan is candid in her advice--from dealing with doctors and their "Old Boy Network" to balancing a hectic schedule and the emotional burden of this life-or-death job.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.