- Table View
- List View
The hottest guide to the coolest smoothies around!Simply Smoothies takes a fun, friendly approach to this new favorite drink style. Smoothies are the milkshake of the new millennium, and they come in all shapes and sizes - from healthy to hearty to decadent to dairy free. In this handy book, the author shows how anyone can quickly and easily create the perfect smoothie. Simply Smoothies features 200 mouthwatering recipes - more than any other smoothie book - that are certain to please even the pickiest smoothie enthusiast. In addition, the book includes instructions on how to choose the best ingredients and equipment and features and easy-to-use ingredients chart, allowing the reader to cross-reference ingredients and experiment to make their own smoothie recipes.This book contains such refreshing drinks as:Frozen Chai Tea Surprise SmoothieMarvellous Mango Creme SmoothieChocolate-Covered Banana SmoothieNo-Guilt Blackberry Protein SmoothieThis book is truly a treat!
The milkshakes of the new millennium, smoothies can be made in varieties ranging from healthy to hearty, from decadent to dairy-free. In this handy book, chef and nutritional consultant Delia Quigley provides 200 recipes plus directions for making the perfect smoothie.
Living healthier and longer is simpler than you may think--when you know your superfoods. With Supercharge with Superfoods, you learn how to derive the most positive benefits from the top twenty-five superfoods. Expert authors Delia Quigley and B.E. Horton, MS, RD, offer 365 tips on incorporating these important foods into your diet, including how to: Eat blueberries to fuel brain powerPrevent cancer with broccoliLower cholesterol with oatsMake skin look youthful with pumpkin productsEat salmon for your heartProtect eyes with spinachBoost your immune system with yogurtEmpowering and educational, this complete and concise guide is your new and improved way to look good and feel great!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.