- Table View
- List View
"Lewis Ingraham is cold. He's lost his wife, his executive career, his once sure grip on the world around him. All that he can hold on to is his beautiful daughter, Jay, a formerly brilliant student who now struggles as a single mother. But even Jay is starting to slip away from Lewis, favoring instead her self-important boyfriend, Stephen. This time Lewis is going to fight back." "But when Lewis takes out his fury on Stephen, he ignites a chain reaction of violence. Now, as winter bears down on Minnesota, desire, guilt, and rage swirl in the snow. And a heinous crime is about to lead three people down a steep and unforgiving slope - into a realm of cold, hard truth.
It takes a baby to turn a guy into a man.Hard-won lessons of a first-time father -- the good, the bad, and the big-time changes."When I used to see a father holding a baby, I thought he was either a poor sap or else an übermensch possessed with talents and levels of forbearance that I would never attain. Now I live on the other side. I'm someone's daddy, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me."From pregnancy and childbirth through the whirlwind first year of fatherhood, Quinton Skinner shares the adventure of a lifetime: becoming a daddy -- and loving it. Nobody said it would be easy. But if imminent fatherhood made Quinton sit up and take notice, baby Natasha's arrival was the making of the man.Here, with the infinite wisdom of hindsight, is his survival guide for first-time fathers everywhere, filled with hilarious anecdotes and practical advice on how to negotiate that critical first year of your baby's wonderful life.After a year of on-the-job training, Skinner explores:* Dealing with the pride -- and panic -- of your wife's pregnancy (see page 7)* To be or not to be (in birthing class) (see page 57)* The moment of truth in the delivery room (see page 77)* Finding romance after parenthood (see page 102)* Being the perfect dad while spacing out in front of the TV (see page 112)* The joys of sleep deprivation (see page 192)* Becoming a baby chef (see page 177)* Avoiding the poorhouse (see page 39)From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.