Mary Poppins meets Babe in this hilarious novel about three children under the watch of their wonderfully quirky nanny, who happens to be a pig!Yes, a pig. A fabulously sassy and impeccably dressed pig as a matter of fact! With her insatiable urge to eat chocolate (and feed chocolate to everyone she loves), her high-flying spirit, and her unending sense of fun, Nanny Piggins takes Derrick, Samantha, and Michael on a year of surprises, yummy treats, and adventures they'll never forget. Paired with Dan Santat's charming illustrations, comedian and children's TV writer R.A. Spratt's wildly funny debut novel will have adults and kids alike laughing and rooting for the feisty porcine nanny and her three lovable human charges.
Imagine if Sherlock Holmes was an eleven-year-old girl!When Friday Barnes, girl genius, solves a bank robbery, she uses the reward money to send herself to Highcrest Academy, the most exclusive boarding school in the country--and discovers it's a hotbed of crime!Soon she's investigating everything from disappearing homework to the terrifying Yeti haunting the school swamp. But the biggest mystery yet is Ian Wainscott, the handsomest (and most arrogant) boy in school who inexplicably hates her. Will the homework be found? Can they ever track down the Yeti? And why is Ian out to ruin her?With black-and-white art throughout, Friday Barnes, Girl Detective is the launch of an exciting new mystery series that "will keep readers laughing from start to finish." (Publishers Weekly)
A flying pig's job is never done...With a runaway lion loose in the neighborhood, Derrick, Samantha, and Michael feel scared. Nanny Piggins feels like a slice of cake. And Boris feels like that lion looks strangely familiar...But if there was ever a pig who could tame both lion and lion tamer, it's Nanny Piggins! She also revolutionizes the sport of ski jumping, introduces hot-pink leotards to the local Neighborhood Watch, and demonstrates trapeze skills on a moving bus-all while thwarting Mr. Green's attempt to send the children to Nicaragua. R. A. Spratt's third book in the delightfully madcap Nanny Piggins series is filled with more high-flying adventures, more outrageous characters, and more chocolate cake than ever before!
The world's most fabulous nanny pig is back in this side-splitting sequel to The Adventures of Nanny Piggins! When Mr. Green announces his diabolical plan-he has decided to get married-his children are horrified. Because if he finds a wife, he'll get fire their beloved nanny. Breakfast without chocolate? Never! Someone must stop him, and Nanny Piggins is just the pig to do it!R.A. Spratt's delightfully funny follow-up to her award-winning debut is chock-full of surprising adventures for the feisty Nanny Piggins and the adorable children, from being blasted out of a cannon with an arrogant armadillo to dueling a Gypsy Queen over a pit of fire. Dan Santat is back again with his quirky and wonderfully charming illustrations that capture the fun and high-flying spirit of these hilarious stories.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.