- Table View
- List View
A List of Scholarships, Fellowships, Loans, Grants, Awards, and Internships Open Primarily or Exclusively to Hispanic Americans and a Set of Six Indexes (Program Title, Sponsoring Organizations, Residency, Tenability, Subject, and Deadline Date)
Billions of dollars in financial aid have been set aside for America's largest minority: the more than 50 million Americans with disabilities and members of their families. In fact, more money is available today than ever before! This funding is open to applicants at any level (high school through postdoctorate and professional) for study, research, travel, training, career development, assistive technology, specially-adapted housing, tax relief, and many other purposes.
Veterans, military personnel, and their dependents make up more than one third of America's population. Each year, public and private agencies set aside billions of dollars in financial aid for these groups (including the spouses, children, grandchildren, and dependent parents, and siblings of veterans and military personnel). If you have ties to the military, Financial Aid for Veterans, Military Personnel, and Their Dependents is the right book for you.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.