This book is a biography of Bodhisatva Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar also known as Babasaheb who was an Indian jurist, political leader, Buddhist activist, philosopher, thinker, anthropologist, historian, orator, prolific writer, economist, scholar, editor, revolutionary and a revivalist for Buddhism in India. He was also the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of Indian Constitution and was awarded the highest Indian civilian award "Bharat Ratna".
This book is a biography of Mother Teresa who who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta, India in 1950 and was awarded Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
This book is a biography of Narendran who later became a Hindu Saint and Philosopher in India to be well known as Swami Vivekananda after his close association as disciple of Swami Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, a great Hindu Saint and Philosopher. The book gives a brief account of his role as a preacher of Hindu Religion particularly his religious tour to U.S. and his famous speech at Chicago and his founding the Ramakrishna Math to propagate his Guru’s preaching and unite the Hindus.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.