- Table View
- List View
Monsters now whisper his name in fear. None live after crossing him. But being the most kickass occult bounty hunter anywhere has a nightmare downside even he's not ready for. . . Anticipating the worst keeps Deacon Chalk a step ahead. But he never expected that a badly-beaten were-bat female victim would suddenly mutate and almost take him out. Or that the freak undead that infected her can't wait to turn all lycanthropes into uncontrollable killing machines. . . once he's gone. And that day is getting awfully close. Deacon may be outnumbered, out-gunned, and cut off from help, but what the enemy doesn't know is that's exactly when the world's best bounty hunter lives up to his billing. . . Praise for the Deacon Chalk Occult Bounty Hunter series"This is urban fantasy as men's fiction--Sookie Stackhouse meets the Dresden Files by way of Maxim. "--Publishers Weekly on Blood and SilverIf Dirty Harry and Anita Blake had a love child, he would be Deacon Chalk. "--Jenna Maclaine on Blood and Bullets17,000 Words.
James Martel argues that although Hobbes pays lip service to the superior interpretive authority of the sovereign, he consistently subverts this authority throughout Leviathan by returning it to the reader.
From the legendary, fear-inspiring western diamond-backed rattlesnake to the tiny, harmless plains blind snake, Texas has a greater diversity of snake species than any other state in the country. This fully illustrated field guide to Texas snakes, written by two of the state's most respected herpetologists, gives you the most current and complete information to identify and understand all 110 species and subspecies. Texas Snakes: A Field Guide has all the resources you need to identify snakes in the wild and in your yard:* 110 full-color, close-up photos that show every snake, as well as 39 detailed line drawings* 110 range maps* Up-to-date species accounts that describe each snake's appearance, look-alikes, size, and habitat* A checklist of all Texas snakes and a key to the species* Reliable information on poisonous snakes and preventing and treating snakebites* Concise guides to snake conservation, classification, and identificationDrawn from the authors' monumental, definitive Texas Snakes: Identification, Distribution, and Natural History, this field guide is your must-have source for identifying any snake you see in Texas.
Engaging political and literary luminaries in an alternative narrative about power
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.