- Table View
- List View
Also known as Chokher Bali or Binodini this is a timeless tale of complex emotional relationships from an acknowledged master. It presents an extraordinary case of extramarital affair. What unfolds and spreads is beautiful. Definitely worth a read.
Translated from Chokher Bali, originally published in Bengali in 1902, this is one of Tagore's most remarkable novels. It has the distinction of being the first truly modern novel of India.
This book is a Tamil translation by Rama Thirunavukkarasu from Ashokmitra’s English version of Rabindranath Tagore’s Bengali original version of Chaduranga comprising four chapters viz., Uncle, Sachish, Damini and Sribilash.
This book is called CHATURANGA (Quartet). It has four parts: Uncle, Sachis, Damini and Sribilas. The Bengali quatrain or payar, itself based on the primal rhythm of the Santal drum, and the classical four-part musical form were of inexhaustible interest to Tagore. Creator of the world's largest and most varied corpus of lieder and song cycles, he constructed many of his stories and novellas in four parts: exposition, development, variation and recapitulation. He was deeply attached to this form, its varying rhythms and speeds, and used it repeatedly not only in his early stories but in the most powerful novella of his early fifties (1914-15), Chaturanga.
The English Writings of Rabindranath Tagore: Volume Four, Poems, Plays, Essays, Lectures and Addresses, Conversations and Interviews, Books and Writings, Open Letters, Messages and Tributesby Rabindranath Tagore Nityapriya Ghosh
The Purpose Of This Edition Is To Make The English Writings Of Tagore Available To The Widest Possible Range Of Readers Interested In The Writings Of Tagore All Over The World.
Although Rabindranath Tagore's reputation as a writer outside the Bengali-speaking world rests almost entirely on English translations, no attempt has been made yet to make his English works available to the interested readers. Sahitya Akademi, therefore, thought it extremely important to bring out a definitive edition of Tagore's works in English to project one of the greatest writers of our times, as a writer in English also.
These works made a great impact on readers belonging to different countries and cultures. For the first time Tagore's English writings are presented with scholarly annotations and information about the historical contexts to which they belong.
Through the immortal verses of the Gitanjali, Tagore reveals the mysticism and sentimental beauty of Indian culture.
Gora is one of the novel by Tagore where he attacks the social taboos. Gora is a very complex novel. The divided society of Hindus has been presented in a very matchless way. Rabindranath Tagore brings out the inner controversies of both the Brahmo samaj and traditional orthodox society. Gora is an advocate of the Hinduism and its practises but opposes all the wrong doing in the society. He is a very patriotic person which is reflected all over in the novel. Readers of Indian classic must read this.
Gora is more than a mere novel; it is an epic of India in transition at a crucial period of modern history, when the social conscience and intellectual awareness of the new intelligentsia were in the throes of a great churning.
A collection of beautiful stories of Rabindranath Tagore from where a reader can pluck out all the petals and gather all the beauty in him. Each of the story gives the message that you will never get tired of reading Tagore and being optimist.
Written by Nobel Prize Laureate Rabindranath Tagore and available in paperback for the first time, Sadhana is a profound, highly accessible introduction to India's ancient spiritual heritage. Few figures in history have been as important as Rabindranath Tagore in bringing Indian philosophy and spiritual teachings to the West. Although he was known primarily as a poet, his work is deeply religious, imbued with his belief that God can be found through personal purity and service to others. Sadhana (sometimes translated from the Sanskrit as "spiritual practice" or "spiritual discipline") is a beautifully written, concise distillation of the great resources of Indian philosophy. With the surge of interest in Indian spirituality, it will be welcomed with enthusiasm by readers everywhere.
The novel was published in three parts in Vichitra magazine. In first two parts it was called Teen Peedhiyan (Three Generations) and in the third it was named as Yogayog. One more jewel from one of the greatest writer from India.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.