- Table View
- List View
Race, who has worked with learners, teachers, and trainers, identifies how to make learning happen in higher and further education by focusing on learners and the key factors of successful learning. Chapters on learning in small and large groups, diversity, and addressing employability are included. This edition has been expanded based on the author's experiences running workshops in the UK and other countries. It has more on learning factors, which are linked to different teaching/learning contexts in other chapters; new chapters on designing curriculum for learning, addressing common problems in teaching post-compulsory education, and the nature of reflection. An extended chapter on assessment that includes a tool for examining assessment design and how it links to learning factors and validity, reliability, transparency, and other areas is included along with new discussion of helping learners get feedback quickly. The chapters on making workshops work and e-learning have been omitted. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.