- Table View
- List View
In this thoroughly revised third edition of Winning Scholarships for College, Marianne Ragins proves that it's not always the students with the best grades or the highest SAT scores who win scholarships. Whether you are in high school, returning to or currently enrolled in college, planning to study abroad, or interested in pursuing an M.B.A., J.D., or M.D., this easy-to-follow guide will show you the path to scholarship success. This is one of the most comprehensive books on winning scholarships available-it reveals where and how to search for funds and takes you step by step through the application process. The third edition includes information on the 2001 education tax breaks, college savings funds, service scholarships, and many new sources of scholarship money. Written from one student to another, Winning Scholarships for College also includes - hundreds of invaluable resources for uncovering scholarship opportunities - information on using the Internet to make your search easier - an in-depth look at how financial aid packages are prepared - foolproof tips for scoring high on the new SAT and ACT - clever suggestions for writing winning personal essays with examples from Ragins's personal scholarship search
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.