- Table View
- List View
With the completion of the mouse and human genome sequences, the functional characterization of every mammalian gene and the deciphering of their molecular interaction network has become the next major challenge, and the mouse genome provides a convenient and vital model for these studies. In "Gene Knockout Protocols, Second Edition", distinguished contributors with extensive experience in the gene targeting and mouse genetics fields reveal a comprehensive collection of step-by-step laboratory protocols. Emphasizing the many new mutagenesis techniques developed over the last seven years, the volume covers topics such as gene modification in ES cells, stem cell manipulation, the generation of genetically engineered mice, and mutant phenotype analysis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters contain brief introductions to their respective subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Fully updated and authoritative, "Gene Knockout Protocols, Second Edition" provides a unique collection of expert bench protocols certain to be a valuable resource for those just entering the field of gene targeting but also for all genetic researchers today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.