- Table View
- List View
With the completion of the mouse and human genome sequences, the functional characterization of every mammalian gene and the deciphering of their molecular interaction network has become the next major challenge, and the mouse genome provides a convenient and vital model for these studies. In "Gene Knockout Protocols, Second Edition", distinguished contributors with extensive experience in the gene targeting and mouse genetics fields reveal a comprehensive collection of step-by-step laboratory protocols. Emphasizing the many new mutagenesis techniques developed over the last seven years, the volume covers topics such as gene modification in ES cells, stem cell manipulation, the generation of genetically engineered mice, and mutant phenotype analysis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters contain brief introductions to their respective subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Fully updated and authoritative, "Gene Knockout Protocols, Second Edition" provides a unique collection of expert bench protocols certain to be a valuable resource for those just entering the field of gene targeting but also for all genetic researchers today.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.