- Table View
- List View
Her parents had been killed before her very eyes, though Karen O'Neill could barely remember that childhood horror. Now an art buyer is dead and Karen's famous face" vases are being shattered. What about the vases led to the cold-blooded killing? Art expert Mason DuBroc believes the clues are in the clay. That the creepy face Karen molds is motive for murder. Has someone recognized himself in her work? Karen must know something she shouldn't. Something her subconscious has held on to for years. And something a crazed killer will do anything to keep buried. . . with Karen.
"Who killed my father?"Eyewitness to a murder, April Presley wants to answer the deputy sheriff's harrowing question. But she can't. She barely caught a glimpse of the crime through the deep Tennessee cornfield, and cannot recall anything to help the investigation. Or can she? Daniel Rivers is certain that April remembers more of his father's death than she realizes. And the killer agrees.In the race to uncover April's missing memory before the killer finds her, Daniel is the only one she can trust to keep her safe. Yet will he stay by her side when the shocking truth is unveiled?
Sheriff Ray Taylor always had a soft spot for the former minister's widow, June Eaton. . . ;until he found her standing over the current minister's dead body. She claims she's innocent-and after a string of attacks against RayandJune, he's inclined to believe her. So who is the real killer, and what is he after? Ray knows that the parsonage has to be the key. The old house is hiding a dark secret, something the pastor's murderer is convinced June knows. Something that murderer will do anything to keep buried.
The secrets of her past could imperil her futureLindsey Presley certainly can't imagine why anyone would want her dead-though she knows she wouldn't be alive today if not for the local cop who saved her from two murder attempts. Deputy Jeff Gage has worked difficult cases, but with only Lindsey's fractured memories of a broken past to guide him, this is by far his most challenging. For Lindsey, fleeing the town she has come to call home is unthinkable. Separately, they are vulnerable, but together, Jeff and Lindsey just may stand a chance of catching a ruthless killer.
The death of bestselling author Aaron Jackson turned Maggie Weston's world inside out. The manager of Jackson's Writers Retreat, Maggie knew a murderer hid among her colleagues and friends. Was it actress Lily Dunne, target of a stalker's obsession? Lily's writer husband, struggling to make a name for himself? Money-loving Korie, Aaron's wife? Or someone else?Maggie herself stood to inherit from Aaron's estate. As former New York City cop Fletcher MacAllister piled up evidence against Maggie, only faith kept her strong. And Fletcher needed to rekindle his own faith in time to prevent the killer from claiming another victim.
Seven-year-old Carly Bradford is last seen wearing a blue sundress and white sandals. That was three months ago. When Dee Kelley finds the sandals, she's determined to help police chief Tyler Madison find Carly. But he's just as determined to keep Dee away. Original.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.