- Table View
- List View
Oral Cytology: A Concise Guide provides a state-of-the-art review of the major issues specific to the field of oral cytology. The sections of the book have been structured to review the complexities of sample collection, manual/automated analysis, pitfalls, gray zones and controversies in diagnosis, as well as, issues not covered by other available materials. Recent advancements in ancillary techniques like DNA ploidy, image analysis and molecular biology are discussed in detail. This useful text is extensively illustrated with patient and microscopic pictures, which will further highlight the clinical application. Throughout the text, simultaneous inclusion of both cytologic and histologic images will allow cyto-histological correlation. Readers will find descriptions of techniques offering greater simplicity, speed, patient comfort and cost effectiveness, as well as improved diagnostic precision. This bench-side reference is a unique and valuable resource in the field of oral cytology, both for those currently in training and clinicians dealing with the diagnosis of oral lesions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.