For every woman-in-progress, here is a sparkling and wickedly funny debut novel of yearning and transformation. When Lilly's best friend, Maya, gets engaged, the tenuous peace she thought she had finally established with her perennially single self turns out to be as long lasting as shoulder pads and frozen yogurt. Wavering wildly between ecstasy (""I'm SO happy for you!"") and envy (""How did SHE become a wife-to-be? Why aren't I?""), serial dater and retail-therapy shopper Lilly vows to get her life together. While sipping lattes from the Coffee Bean and planning forever with Maya, Lilly embarks on an uproariously comical and strikingly poignant ride of transformation as told through a series of delightfully engaging interior monologues. Traveling the byways of her own past, Lilly learns to be optimistic about her future and relish her newfound chicdom. In a voice that grows stronger, louder, and more articulate than she ever imagined, Lilly comes to embrace her on-the-verge-of-womanhood status in all its uncertain, yet exciting, glory. Depicting the comic adventures of being a grown-up still coming of age, Rebecca Bloom's "Girl Anatomy" evocatively and enthusiastically reveals tender truths about friendship and true love.
The enchanting, heartwarming story of a young woman's journey toward true love and self-discovery Girl Anatomy, Rebecca Bloom's debut novel, marked the arrival of a fresh new voice on the contemporary women's fiction scene. Now Bloom is back with her shimmering sophomore effort, Tangled Up in Daydreams. Bloom takes the themes that put her on the map -- navigating L. A. 's social landscape with the help of trusty friends, a family's unconditional devotion, and the heartbreaking roller coaster of true love -- and creates another irresistible novel. Molly is a sweet, funny, and occasionally klutzy Los Angeles hipster with a blossoming new business and a supportive family. When she and Liam, a talented, up-and-coming musician, meet, their attraction is instant, their connection unparalleled. But when Liam's recreational dabbling in the darker side of fame turns into a full-blown addiction, Molly must decide if her love is enough to change Liam. . . or if she should let him go to save herself. Rebecca Bloom's exploration of a woman's emotional crossing -- through the search for the love of a lifetime -- is a stylish and sparkling novel. Tangled Up in Daydreams confirms her place as one of the brightest young creative talents today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.