- Table View
- List View
Here you will find over 120 recipes that I have used this past year to help my husband and myself to control our weights. It's not a diet that you will want to use for a limited period of time to drop pounds. It's a collection of recipes that you will want to incorporate into your life for the rest of your life. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I've enjoyed developing them and putting them together into this collection. They will provide you with variety, suggested servings based on guidelines found at many health related and government websites, and flavor, flavor, and more flavor. In the back of the book you will find three weeks of suggested menus. These menus will help you plan for your success. Modify them to fit the needs of both you and your family. Simply keep your proportions along the same lines. If you don't drink wine, skip the glass of wine with dinner. If you don't care for yogurt, substitute a glass of nonfat milk. You get the basic idea.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.