- Table View
- List View
Words can be a bridge, or a barrier. In this bilingual book the adults immediately respond to the differences. Their words make a barrier. The children recognize similarities. Playing with words. They make a bridge of language and friendship for themselves and their parents. Las palabras pueden ser un puente, o una barrera. En este libro bilingüe los adultos responden inmediatamente a las diferencias. Sus palabras hacen una barrera. Los niños reconocen semejanzas. El jugar con palabras. Hacen un puente de lengua y de la amistad para sí mismos y sus padres.
A NATURAL FOLLOW-UP to parent-baby bonding seen in You and Me, Baby!, Lynn Reiser and Penny Gentieu's new concept book focuses on sibling bonding of the two-to-four year old with the new baby in the family. Told in the voice of the "big" brother or sister, close-up photos show the two siblings together doing what each does best, such as drinking from bottle versus from a cup, or giving a toothless gummy smile versus a big toothy grin. It's a nice mix of diverse children of both genders. Here is an upbeat book that helps preschool siblings feel special and important as it promotes a loving relationship.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.