- Table View
- List View
AP® teachers know the roots of AP® success are established in the earlier grades. That is the idea behind Advanced Language & Literature--a complete solution for 10th grade honors and Pre-AP® English classes. Driven by the expertise of Renee Shea, John Golden, and Lance Balla, this introduction to literature and nonfiction, reading and writing, analysis and argument, is both challenging and nurturing; a book full of big ideas, thought-provoking texts, and all of the support young minds need to be prepared for AP® success. *Pre-AP is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.
The Language of Composition is the first college-level textbook created specifically for the AP* English Language course. Inside, students will find everything they need to learn college-level reading, writing, and analysis skills: concise introductory chapters on rhetoric, close reading, and synthesizing sources; a rich collection of thematically arranged readings that includes essays, speeches, letters, newspaper columns, as well as fiction, poetry, and visual texts; carefully crafted assignments that reinforce the skills taught in the introductory chapters; and much more. The Language of Composition - designed to help students succeed in the AP English Language course and embark on a successful college career. Book jacket.
From Carol Jago and the authors ofThe Language of Compositioncomes the first textbook designed specifically for the AP* Literature and Composition course. Arranged thematically to foster critical thinking,Literature and Composition: Reading * Writing * Thinkingoffers a wide variety of classic and contemporary literature, plus all of the support students need to analyze it carefully and thoughtfully. The book is divided into two parts: the first part of the text teaches students the skills they need for success in an AP English Lit course, and the second part is a collection of thematic chapters of literature with extensive apparatus and special features to help students read, analyze, and respond to literature at the college level. OnlyLiterature and Compositionhas been built from the ground up to give AP students and teachers the materials and support they need to enjoy a successful and challenging AP English Literature and Composition course. #xA0; Use the navigation menu on the left to learn more about the selections and features inLiterature and Composition: Reading * Writing * Thinking.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.