- Table View
- List View
The Language of Composition is the first college-level textbook created specifically for the AP* English Language course. Inside, students will find everything they need to learn college-level reading, writing, and analysis skills: concise introductory chapters on rhetoric, close reading, and synthesizing sources; a rich collection of thematically arranged readings that includes essays, speeches, letters, newspaper columns, as well as fiction, poetry, and visual texts; carefully crafted assignments that reinforce the skills taught in the introductory chapters; and much more. The Language of Composition - designed to help students succeed in the AP English Language course and embark on a successful college career. Book jacket.
From Carol Jago and the authors ofThe Language of Compositioncomes the first textbook designed specifically for the AP* Literature and Composition course. Arranged thematically to foster critical thinking,Literature and Composition: Reading * Writing * Thinkingoffers a wide variety of classic and contemporary literature, plus all of the support students need to analyze it carefully and thoughtfully. The book is divided into two parts: the first part of the text teaches students the skills they need for success in an AP English Lit course, and the second part is a collection of thematic chapters of literature with extensive apparatus and special features to help students read, analyze, and respond to literature at the college level. OnlyLiterature and Compositionhas been built from the ground up to give AP students and teachers the materials and support they need to enjoy a successful and challenging AP English Literature and Composition course. #xA0; Use the navigation menu on the left to learn more about the selections and features inLiterature and Composition: Reading * Writing * Thinking.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.