- Table View
- List View
Fundamental elementary facts and theoretical tools for the interpretation and model development of solid-gas interactions are first presented in this work. Chemical, physical and electrochemical aspects are presented from a phenomenological, thermodynamic and kinetic point of view. The theoretical aspects of electrical properties on the surface of a solid are also covered to provide greater accessibility for those with a physico-chemical background. The second part is devoted to the development of devices for gas detection in a system approach. Methods for experimental investigations concerning solid-gas interactions are first described. Results are then presented in order to support the contribution made by large metallic elements to the electronic processes associated with solid-gas interactions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.