Designing & Conducting Survey Research, third editionSince it was first published in 1992, Designing and Conducting Survey Research has become the standard reference in the field for public and nonprofit managers who are responsible for conducting effective and meaningful survey research. This updated and expanded third edition builds on the first two volumes and contains additional statistical techniques, new reporting methods that meet the growing demands for accountability, and more user-friendly analysis methods.Designing and Conducting Survey Research is a complete, practical guide to conducting sample survey research. In a comprehensive manner, it explains all major components of survey research, including construction of the instrument, administration of the process, and analysis and reporting of results. Clear, concise, and accessible, this guide explains how to conduct a survey research project from start to finish. Further, it shows how this research method can be applied in such diverse fields as urban affairs, social science, and public administration. Designing and Conducting Survey Research is an excellent tool that will help both professionals and students understand and explain the validity of sample survey research.Praise for the Previous Edition of Designing & Conducting Survey Research"Clear, thorough, well-written, and eminently practical. Takes you step by step through all you need to know to conduct a survey or evaluate one and provides a basic understanding of the theoretical basis of sampling. The clarity of the book makes it a model for effective instruction and one that opens the road for those who must master the subject themselves."-Norton Long, professor emeritus of political science, University of Missouri, St. Louis"A basic tool for conducting survey research projects that any researcher can understand and use. Freed of confusing statistical theory yet comprehensive in approach, with step by step details."-John B. Sauvajot, public management consultant and former deputy chief administrative officer, San Diego County"Demystifies the arcane world of pollsters and survey research. Anyone who conducts surveys, hires survey consultants, reads reports, or makes policy based on survey data will benefit from this book."-Robert J. Waste, Survey Research Center, California State University, Chico
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.