Further misadventures of Trapper John, Hot Lips Houlihan and Hawkeye Pierce, only this time in Merry Old England.
After the Korean War, Hawkeye, Trapper John, Duke, and Spearchucker Jones reunite in Spruce Harbor, Maine. The local characters are as fun and kooky as the veterans. This is the first of a series of follow-up books written by the author of the original MASH book. Very funny, it includes lots of Maine vocabulary in phonetic spelling.
When HAWKEYE, king of the links and surgeon extraordinaire TRAPPER JOHN, bon vivant of the operating room and so good with his hands HOT LIPS, who's discovered... well... religion RADAR, with his great new idea for a fast-food empire and the rest of the lunatic crew from M*A*S*H hit the sin city on the Seine, the French had better look out! Things happen fast, funny and furious when the inimitable ambassadors of goodwill and goonery arrive, bringing inevitable chaos in their wake.
Before there were the movie and the television series, there was the novel that gave birth to such American immortals as Hawkeye and Trapper John, Hot Lips Houlihan, Frank Burns, Radar O'Reilly, and the rest of the 4077th MASH--a place like no place else in Korea or on earth. The doctors and nurses who worked in the Mobile Army Surgical Hospitals (MASH) during the Korean War were well trained, dedicated, and pushed to the brink. And they were young--too young to be doing what they had to do. As Richard Hooker writes in the Foreword, "A few flipped their lids, but most of them just raised hell, in a variety of ways and degrees." Meet the true-life heroes and lunatics who fought in the Korean War, and experience the martini-laced mornings, marathon hijinks, sexual escapades, and that perfectly corrupt football game that every fan of the movie will remember. It's also a story of hard work and skill in the face of enormous pressure and odds. Here is where it all began--the novel that made M *A *S *H a legend.
Before the movie, this is the novel that gave life to Hawkeye Pierce, Trapper John, Hot Lips Houlihan, Frank Burns, Radar O'Reilly, and the rest of the gang that made the 4077th MASH like no other place in Korea or on earth. The doctors who worked in the Mobile Army Surgical Hospitals (MASH) during the Korean War were well trained but, like most soldiers sent to fight a war, too young for the job. In the words of the author, "a few flipped their lids, but most of them just raised hell, in a variety of ways and degrees." For fans of the movie and the series alike, here is the original version of that perfectly corrupt football game, those martini-laced mornings and sexual escapades, and that unforgettable foray into assisted if incompleted suicide--all as funny and poignant now as they were before they became a part of America's culture and heart.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.