- Table View
- List View
Acclaimed for its accuracy and comprehensive style, Sports Medicine has been a favorite in the field for years. The second edition of this book continues this tradition while reflecting the latest trends in the field. <P>Designed to provide an understanding of the injury process, this contemporary volume includes coverage on the subjects of prevention, assessment, First Aid, nutrition, treatment and rehabilitation of sports-related injuries. It provides clinicians with an invaluable reference on the anatomy, pathology, short term care, and long-term care of injuries. This book meets the requirements of the National Athletic Trainer Association.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.