(back of book) As America's elder statesman of foreign relations, former president Richard Nixon provides a blueprint for world peace in 1999: VICTORY WITHOUT WAR. Drawing on a lifetime of experience, Nixon outlines the key international problems Western leaders must face as this century of "war and wonder" comes to a close-- and explains how the United States can meet these challenges to make the twenty-first a century of real peace. "A FOREIGN POLICY TOUR DE FORCE-A CRISP COGENT, CAUTIONARY TALE ABOUT AMERICA'S DIRECTION IN A TOPSY-TURVY WORLD ....IN UNCOMMONLY SENSIBLE LANGUAGE, THE MAN WHO OPENED CHINA TO THE WEST, WHO FORGED DETENTE WITH THE RUSSIANS. AND WHO NEGOTIATED THE FIRST NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT TREATY DEMONSTRATES WHY HE HAS EARNED THE TITLE OF AMERICAN ELDER STATESMAN.... AT HIS MOST ELOQUENT, NIXON ARGUES FOR AN AMERICA THAT REMEMBERS ITS IDEOLOGICAL EDGE, AN AMERICA THAT WILLINGLY AND CREATIVELY ACCEPTS THE BURDEN OF WORLD LEADER. NEVER HAS NIXON BEEN MORE FASCINATING, MORE FORTHRIGHT, MORE PERSUASIVE IN HIS THINKING ABOUT OUR POLITICAL AND MORAL IMPERATIVES!' -- The Columbus Dispatch printed in USA.
Nixon spells out the realities of the Cold War conflict its true nature, the steps necessary to win the conflict and prevent the devastating consequences of full scale military conflict.
The White House Transcripts: Submission of Recorded Presidential Conversations to the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives by President Richard Nixonby Richard M. Nixon Gerald Gold
The 46 private conversations between President Nixon and his closest advisors, a Who's Who and chronology of events surrounding Watergate, and more.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.