A leading expert offers a revolutionary, drug-free program to help more than 35 million Americans eliminate the symptoms of IBS. With the exception of only the common cold, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (known as IBS) accounts for more work and school absences than any other illness. But drugs aren't always the best option-as Dr. Richard Ash learned from experience. Twenty years ago, he suffered from symptoms of a severe form of arthritis and was prescribed high dosages of cortisone, but the side effects nearly killed him. Instigating his own research, he developed a program that helped relieve his symptoms without drugs-and has applied his knowledge to the treatment of IBS, helping thousands of patients. In this groundbreaking treatment plan, Dr. Ash reveals his drug-free approach to relieving the symptoms of IBS, using vitamin C, bioflavonoids, and other herbs and nutrients that help the body to heal itself. He also discusses the role of food allergies; the need for adequate diagnostic tests; and environmental factors, such as stress. Readers will learn about symptoms, diagnosis, and how to determine the right diet-everything they need to live a healthy, IBS-free life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.