- Table View
- List View
A leading expert offers a revolutionary, drug-free program to help more than 35 million Americans eliminate the symptoms of IBS. With the exception of only the common cold, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (known as IBS) accounts for more work and school absences than any other illness. But drugs aren't always the best option-as Dr. Richard Ash learned from experience. Twenty years ago, he suffered from symptoms of a severe form of arthritis and was prescribed high dosages of cortisone, but the side effects nearly killed him. Instigating his own research, he developed a program that helped relieve his symptoms without drugs-and has applied his knowledge to the treatment of IBS, helping thousands of patients. In this groundbreaking treatment plan, Dr. Ash reveals his drug-free approach to relieving the symptoms of IBS, using vitamin C, bioflavonoids, and other herbs and nutrients that help the body to heal itself. He also discusses the role of food allergies; the need for adequate diagnostic tests; and environmental factors, such as stress. Readers will learn about symptoms, diagnosis, and how to determine the right diet-everything they need to live a healthy, IBS-free life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.