REPULSIVE FORCE. A rash of perfectly executed thefts from military research facilities puts CURE in the hot seat. Bad enough someone is stealing top secret technology that can seriously disable the superiority of the U.S. military. Worse, whoever is masterminding the conspiracy knows about the existence of CURE and is cleverly engineering its self-destruction. The trap has been set for Remo and Chiun to flip the off switch of the technogenius behind an army of remote-controlled killer machines. But the tenacious enemy has found the weak link in the Sinanju armor. Nastier than a scourge of deadly titanium termites, more dangerous than the resurrection of a machine oil/microchip battle-bot called Ironhand, is the juice used to power them all up: an electromagnetic pulse that can unplug Remo and Chiun long enough to short-circuit CURE beyond repair.
Remo and Chiun replace the CIA in the Caribbean and wind up fighting a Communist/witchcraft conspiracy! Black Magic When Reverend Prescott Plumber goes to the island of Bagia in the Caribbean to save souls and bodies, he discovers a fantastic happy drug the natives call "mung". However, when it's shot with radiation, it turns people into puddles. It's deadly. And so is pro-Communist Generalissimo Sacrist Corazon - President for Life of the island - when he gets his hands on the Mung Machine and aims it at innocent Reverend Plumber. Suddenly, the world is beating a path to Corazon's palace door. They've heard about the mung device and everyone wants to have at it - the Chinese, the Russians, the CIA. That's where Remo Williams, the Destroyer, and his teacher, Chiun, come in. But even they are stumped when Comrade Corazon not only manipulates Russia and China into building competing missile bases on Bagia - he also starts casting spells, as chief priest of voodoo, their way. As a last-ditch equal opportunity gesture, the CIA sends in lovely and black Ruby Gonzalez, quite capable of casting her own spells. But even her black magic may not be able to save Remo and Chiun from Corazon's deadly tar pits and the United States from total nuclear extinction!
Remo and Chiun are sent to investigate a machine capable of vaporizing the world's garbage. Final Mullaney offering for the series.
It's a blast to the past for CURE when an old foe finds a new home at NASA. KILL, CRUSH DESTROY... A mechanical killer space spider goes on the rampage in Florida. This, however, is no simple angry arachnid robbing armored cars and supermarkets. It's the adopted new brainchild of the reality-challenged head of NASA and his elite cadre of Space Cadets. But not even Captain Kirk is aware of the nightmare that's been unleashed in the name of interplanetary exploration. An old enemy is back in action and, with a click and a whir, can morph from titanium spider into his ugly old android self. And with NASA and America's favorite horror writer in his steel-plated back pocket, he's got a leg-or eight-up on his true mission: destroy the Destroyer. This time, failure is not an option.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.