- Table View
- List View
If you're new to ActionScript 3.0, this is the ideal introductory guide. Flash designers, developers, and programmers alike will find this book invaluable for navigating ActionScript 3.0's steeper learning curve. You'll learn the language and how it works through hands-on exercises that build skills as the book progresses. You will learn how to: * Harness the power and performance of ActionScript 3.0 * Manipulate text, work with sound and video, and draw with code * Animate graphics, create particle systems, and apply simple physics * Avoid common coding mistakes and reuse code for improved productivity * Load SWF, image, text, HTML, CSS, and XML file formats, and more This second edition enhances the text further with improvements to clarity and understanding, tighter code examples, and new material. The skills taught, and majority of code examples, are fully compatible with Flash Professional versions CS3 through the present. Select new features introduced in versions CS4 or CS5 round out the content, including: * Manipulating assets using the basic 3D engine in Flash Player 10 * Significantly improved text control using the new Text Layout Framework * Expanded access to the user's microphone at runtime, and more This acclaimed four-color book features illustrations and screenshots throughout, but also presents all code examples in color. Syntax-colored scripts help you quickly identify key elements of the language and make it easier to compare the printed code to your own. The companion website is an additional resource for source files, short quizzes to test your knowledge of key concepts, and valuable supplemental material. Learning ActionScript 3.0 explains topics using simple examples written in the timeline, but also introduces object-oriented programming over time so you can get the most out of your reading. Or, if you prefer, the companion website includes class-based examples for every chapter, allowing you to choose if and when you immerse yourself in OOP. Written by teachers for students, authors Rich Shupe and Zevan Rosser draw on their vast experience as Flash developers and instructors to give you a solid ActionScript foundation, without losing site of creativity.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.