ABC of Cancer Care is a practical primary care guide to help health professionals better inform their patients, manage and recognize the common complications of cancers and their treatment, and understand the rationale and implications of decisions made in secondary and tertiary care. It provides coverage of the diagnosis, management, treatment and on-going surveillance of common cancers within the multidisciplinary context of primary care. Individual chapters assess the different treatment options, including surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, and examine their possible side effects. The contribution of clinical trials and new advances in cancer treatment including biological and targeted therapies, robotic surgery and advanced radiotherapy techniques are all described. Other aspects of cancer care, from nursing support and nutrition to psychological care and survivorship, are also covered.Edited by a specialist and general practitioner team, with multidisciplinary contributors, ABC of Cancer Care is ideal for general practitioners, practice nurses, cancer care nurses, medical students, and all healthcare professionals treating and supporting cancer patients.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.