- Table View
- List View
Richard Sembera introduces the reader to the essential features of BEING AND TIME, Heidegger's main work in clear and unambiguous English. He dispels the nimbus of unintelligibility surrounding Heidegger's thought, a nimbus that Heidegger himself helped create and that has tended to confine serious Heidegger scholarship to closed circles. This is not a work about the "exisistentialist" Heidegger, the "Nazi" Heidegger, the "gnostic" Heidegger, or the "mystic" Heidegger. Nor is is a "diluted" Heidegger for beginners. REPHRASING HEIDEGGER interprets the philosopher on his own terms, covering all the main aspects of BEING AND TIME, and is particularly interesting for its detailed analysis of the structure and contents of this epoch-making philosophical work. REPHRASING HEIDEGGER includes a unique glossary of technical terms which recur frequently throughout BEING AND TIME whose translation is problematic or uncertain. It also includes a German-English lexicon which catalogues the translations of Heidegger's terms in the most important English translations of BEING AND TIME. This is the first detailed commentary in English by a Heidegger specialist trained at Heidegger's own university by the world-renowned Heidegger scholar Prof. F.-W. von Herrman, the editor of the most important volumes of Heidegger's collected works in German.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.