- Table View
- List View
A collection of jokes about the circus, including "Which circus performers can see in the dark? The acro-bats."
A collection of jokes about chickens, e.g. What happened when the chicken ate cement? She laid a sidewalk.
Christmas is a time for family and there's no better way of helping your family enjoy the Christmas spirit than by taking time each night to explore the annual Familius Christmas Anthology. Filled with stories, poems, recipes, and activities to make Christmas time enjoyable, this collection is literally stuffed with feel-good content and activities that will bring your family together. The stories include such favorites as the The Gift of Magi by O'Henry to the moving The Child Who Had Everything But. . . by John Kendrick Bangs. The anthology also includes favorite poems like "Long Ago" by Christina Rossetti and, of course, "God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen" among many others. And delicious family favorite recipes provide an invitation to spend time at the family table, whether you're enjoying Spiced Sugar Cookie Truffles or a simple pot of White Hot Chocolate. And don't forget to round out your Christmas holiday with family activities like building Graham Cracker Cottages or playing Jack Frost Tag. The Familius Christmas Anthology is a fantastic way of enjoying this wonderful holiday and making sure your family enjoys it, together.
Christmas is a time for family and there's no better way of helping your family enjoy the Christmas spirit than by taking time each night to explore the annual Familius Christmas Anthology. This year's anthology is focused on traditions around the world, filled with stories, poems, recipes, and activities to make Christmas time enjoyable. This timeless collection is literally stuffed with feel-good content and activities that will bring your family together.
A collection of jokes about dinosaurs, e.g. What do you get if you feed your nodosaurus gunpowder? Dino-mite."
A collection of jokes about farm animals.
A collection of jokes featuring characters from fairy tales.
If you have any type of family you already know that best laid plans go awry. Whether we call them Murphy's Laws or by some other name, we just don't always get what we hope for. In A Made Bed is More Fun to Jump On and Other Family Laws, best-selling author Rick Walton cleverly explores the crazy truths of family life, whether we're dealing with babies, toddlers, teenagers, bedtime, playtime, food and more. Funny, clever, and poignantly honest, this book is perfect for those parents who while doing their best just can't quite fend off the notorious "Murphy"!
From the Publisher: Follow Mother Rabbit through her rambling house and garden as she tucks in a whole alphabet of baby bunnies, from Abel through Zed. This cozy bedtime book has the comforting familiarity of a lullaby combined with the fundamental concepts toddlers adore. From Children's Literature - Mary Quattlebaum: So Many Bunnies does double-duty. It gets kids hip-hopping into Easter as well as into National Poetry Month, celebrated each April. Rick Dalton's ingenious rhyming text weaves alphabet and counting lessons into a sweet tale of Old Mother Rabbit who lived in a shoe. Unlike her human counterpart, Mother Rabbit knows just what to do and where to tuck her twenty-six sleepy darlings, from "1 was named Abel./He slept on the table" to "26 was named Zed./He slept on the shed." Paige Miglio's soft-toned watercolors are a lovely complement to this lullaby.
Everyone knows you don't always get what you hope for. But what do you get instead? What if you got tidal waves, banana splits, tornadoes, castles and kings, pirates, flying appliances, and even space aliens? What if your school disappeared-but the space alien didn't? For one young boy, at least, it takes only a few simple hopes to turn his normal day inside out, upside down, and beyond his wildest imagination. It's enough to make you think twice about what you hope for ...
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.