- Table View
- List View
Adeu Rinpoche's life was extraordinary from the beginning. He was recognized by an incarnation of the previous Adeu Rinpoche and enthroned at the age of seven as the Eighth Adeu Rinpoche. As a child and teenager he mastered writing, calligraphy, poetry, astrology, mandala painting, prayer, and meditation. Then, in 1958 at the age of twenty-seven, his monastery was attacked and all sacred texts and statues were completely destroyed by the Chinese as part of the Cultural Revolution. Sentenced to fifteen years in prison for his religious beliefs, the author was sent to a remote labor camp, where he watched many of his friends die under the harsh conditions. But imprisonment had an unexpected blessing: he met many accomplished masters, including the late Khenpo Munsel, and learned many practices from them. Freedom in Bondage offers a portrait of the life and philosophy of one of the twentieth century's most respected meditation masters--his early training in spiritual practices, his flight and capture, interrogation and sentencing, and the years in prison. His voice is calm and nonjudgmental, uplifting the reader with his compassion for his captors. The title captures the author's inner liberation in a dire situation.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.