- Table View
- List View
Turn up the heat with five sensual novellas that take the readers on a wild ride of stimulation. Led and edited by the New York Times bestselling author Zane, Another Time, Another Place transports sensuous and steamy encounters across the world and through history. From when the pharaohs ruled, to the forbidden romances in the time of the Vietnam War, to a future where technology has reshaped the meaning and making of love, this anthology showcases the popular talents of contributors such as Rique Johnson, Dywane D. Birch, and more. Readers explore the many cultures and traditions that have shaped the concept of romance. These five novellas takes readers to places they've only imagined before, fleshing out the sizzling detail and proving a satisfying read in the tradition of such runaway favorite anthologies as Chocolate Flava and Blackgentlemen.com. With its lush settings and a taste for the unknown, Another Time, Another Place is a treat for the adventurous soul. This delicious collection, featuring five of the hottest African-American authors today, brings whole new worlds to life.
Detective Jason Jerrard has been enjoying the good life. Retired at an early age, he is relaxing and living the life of his dreams, until the death of some one dear to him forces him out of retirement and back to the police force to investigate the murder. Jason's sudden return to the police force threatens his relationship with Monique and when revenge and betrayal lead to a life or death situation, Jason has to choose between his heart and mind in order to survive.
Sensitive, sexy, and charmingly compassionate, Devin Alexander is the ideal lover -- except for the fact that he can't commit. Instead, he is romancing three intelligent, passionate women at once -- Sophia, Maggie, and Gabby -- who all soon realize that their main man can't give his all to their respective relationships. What they don't know is that Devin is concealing a haunting secret that keeps him from giving his heart to one woman. But when a major crisis forces him to confront his inner demons, suddenly, for the first time, happiness and fulfillment seem within reach. Now it is up to Devin to put the past behind him so he can finally attain the love he so passionately craves.
In this searing debut thriller, a detective on the edge must stop a vicious killer, even as he mends the emotional scars in his own life. Jason Jerrard didn't become Virginia City's finest detective by building stable romantic relationships. And it's beginning to show -- he's got a new girlfriend who doesn't know what she's in for, and an ex-wife determined to do whatever it takes to get him back. But the real nightmare in Jerrard's life is the murderer-rapist who's turning Virginia City into a living hell. Brutal and elusive, this is a killer whose taunting has made it personal with Jerrard. And taking him down might just require more than Jerrard has to give. Passion, jealousy, courage and violence come to a head in Love & Justice, a thrilling new novel from a promising young literary voice.
In the spirit of Blackgentelmen.com come five sensual novellas about the excitement -- and danger -- of meeting someone online. Welcome to Sistergirls.com, where men can meet the women of their dreams. Making a selection is just a beginning -- these ladies are more than mere images, and getting to know them is the really fun part. But just like most things, looks can be deceiving. And while the guys who take this plunge think they're in for the adventure of a lifetime, some of them are headed for the worst nightmare. Gathering five dramatically different voices between two covers, these stories travel the tantalizing crossroads between romance and cyberspace. As today's world of dating expands beyond the traditional dinner-and-movie to the vast realm of Internet, this collection offers a timely and exciting glimpses into the adventures of cyber-relationships. NOVELLAS INCLUDE: "You Are Making Me Wet" by Earl Sewell "Life Happens" by Rique Johnson "The Wanting" by Michael Presley "Somewhere Between Love and Sarcasm" by V. Anthony Rivers "Legal Days, Lonely Nights" by William Fredrick Cooper
From the author of Love & Justice comes the continuing story of Virginia City's detective Jason Jerrard, who must track down a ruthless murderer while he pieces together the remains of his own shattered heart. While Jason is dealing with his own turbulent emotions following the loss of his beloved Sasha, he encounters two women -- the wife of a political figure and Monique, the first love of his life who has suddenly reappeared -- who both, unbeknownst to each other, vie for his love and affection. Meanwhile, the precinct is trying to solve the mysterious case of several brutal beatings of lonely men who are then left for dead. With his own close friend as the only surviving victim, Virginia City's finest sets out to avenge his friend's attack. In a showdown that seethes with love, mystery, and betrayal, Jason must capture a brutal murderer -- and the heart of the woman he loves.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.