- Table View
- List View
Mac OS X has captured the attention of consumers and programmers alike with its ability to run existing Mac programs along with Unix and Open Source software. The latest version, Panther, includes more than a hundred new features and improves many of the technologies underlying Mac OS X, including graphics and the Unix-based core. With more than 500 power tips and tricks for Mac aficionados like yourself, Mac OS X Power Hound , Panther Edition helps you unleash the power of Panther. Mac OS X Panther is a complex and powerful operating system with a personality all its own. To make your computing experience with Panther as efficient and enjoyable as possible, you need to learn its secrets, appreciate its idiosyncrasies, and be able to customize it to your needs and wants. Author Rob Griffiths shows you how. Creator and editor of the extremely popular Mac OS X Hints Web site ( www.macosxhints.com ), Griffiths knows Panther inside and out. His Mac OS X Power Hound lifts the hood on the sleek and elegant, Formula-One-powered operating system and delivers over 500 high-octane secrets in every conceivable category, including the Desktop and Finder, iApps, Mac OS X programs, Mastering the system and Terminal, and much more. Consider this book your pit crew, helping you find easier, faster, and better ways of using the Finder, the Dock, the assortment of programs that come with Mac OS X, and a bunch of programs that don't. And if you want to become your own master mechanic, it also includes two rich chapters on Unix, the engine under Mac OS X's hood. With this collection of stand-alone hints, notes, tips, and tricks--every one of them organized, indexed, tested for compatibility with the latest version of Mac OS X 10.3, and, in many cases, illustrated--you'll rapidly progress from an anybody-can-do-this user to a power user.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.