- Table View
- List View
Mac OS X has captured the attention of consumers and programmers alike with its ability to run existing Mac programs along with Unix and Open Source software. The latest version, Panther, includes more than a hundred new features and improves many of the technologies underlying Mac OS X, including graphics and the Unix-based core. With more than 500 power tips and tricks for Mac aficionados like yourself, Mac OS X Power Hound , Panther Edition helps you unleash the power of Panther. Mac OS X Panther is a complex and powerful operating system with a personality all its own. To make your computing experience with Panther as efficient and enjoyable as possible, you need to learn its secrets, appreciate its idiosyncrasies, and be able to customize it to your needs and wants. Author Rob Griffiths shows you how. Creator and editor of the extremely popular Mac OS X Hints Web site ( www.macosxhints.com ), Griffiths knows Panther inside and out. His Mac OS X Power Hound lifts the hood on the sleek and elegant, Formula-One-powered operating system and delivers over 500 high-octane secrets in every conceivable category, including the Desktop and Finder, iApps, Mac OS X programs, Mastering the system and Terminal, and much more. Consider this book your pit crew, helping you find easier, faster, and better ways of using the Finder, the Dock, the assortment of programs that come with Mac OS X, and a bunch of programs that don't. And if you want to become your own master mechanic, it also includes two rich chapters on Unix, the engine under Mac OS X's hood. With this collection of stand-alone hints, notes, tips, and tricks--every one of them organized, indexed, tested for compatibility with the latest version of Mac OS X 10.3, and, in many cases, illustrated--you'll rapidly progress from an anybody-can-do-this user to a power user.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.