- Table View
- List View
The beginning of a new story arc! Jack and company are regrouping after their Sword of Cortes ordeal. They want to forget about magical power and turn their attention towards treasure. But they are about to learn that in the Caribbean magic and treasure often go hand in hand when they encounter a young sailor who can turn things to solid bronze.
Jack and his crew return to New Orleans in search of the Barnacle's first mate, Arabella. But what they find is a silver city, presided over by the notorious Madame Minuit and policed by pirates. Can Jack and his crew find their first mate, overthrow Madame Minuit, and defeat the sinister villains who have joined forces with the dreaded Madame? And, more important, can the crew's allegiance to the Barnacle survive the experience?
Before the Black Pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow. ... Adventure-seeking teenager Jack Sparrow has assembled a motley crew, and they're on the quest of a lifetime. Their goal: to locate and procure the legendary Sword of Cortes, which will grant them unimaginable power. But will this ragtag team of adventurers survive their first mission, or will they succumb to the power of the sea, vicious pirates, ancient curses, and stormy threats from the forces of nature?
Before the black pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow. . . . Jack and company are hot on the trail of the notorious pirate, Left-Foot Louis, who they believe is currently in possession of the Sword of Cortes. But chasing down a fierce seafarer is challenging, even for Jack's formidable crew. And to top it all off, newly appointed first mate Arabella has a personal score to settle with Louis, but doing so could jeopardize the entire mission!
When Tumen and Jean overhear talk of hidden silver, Jack decides that they must seek it out. It might not be gold, but it sure beats bronze. But the silver they find is not the silver they were expecting. They've gotten themselves in trouble again, this time with a brutal pirate named Long John.
From the book: Before the Black Pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow ... Captain Jack Sparrow's ship, the Barnacle, and its up-till-now unshakable crew have suddenly fallen under a sinister spell. While continuing their quest for the storied Sword of Cortes, the crew suddenly finds itself entranced by an ethereal song. As a result, each of them attempts to take the Barnacle in a different direction-- and away from the Sword's supposed location. Only Jack seems unaffected by the strange song, but can he both subdue his crew and defeat the mysterious force behind the dark spell?
Before the Black Pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow. . . . He has the enchanted sheath. He's read the mystical incantation. He's holding the all-powerful Sword of Cortes in his hands. But unfortunately for Jack Sparrow, he also has the specter of the Sword's first master-Hernan Cortes-watching over his shoulder. Now, stranded on a snowy Caribbean island, the fate of the Barnacle's crew hangs in the balance. Jack must find a way to command the unwieldy power of the Sword, defeat Cortes, and save his mates. But, as usual, it won't be very easy.
Time is about to go all funny for Jack Sparrow and his faithful crew. Fitzwilliam P. Dalton III's beloved timepiece has always been valuable to him. But it has suddenly become valuable to a lot more people- including some of the Barnacle's crew's worst enemies! It turns out that Fitz's timepiece is not only a clock, but an unbelievably powerful tool that can stop time itself. It's up to Jack and his crew to find a way to keep the timepiece out of the hands of their dangerous adversaries.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.