The beginning of a new story arc! Jack and company are regrouping after their Sword of Cortes ordeal. They want to forget about magical power and turn their attention towards treasure. But they are about to learn that in the Caribbean magic and treasure often go hand in hand when they encounter a young sailor who can turn things to solid bronze.
Jack and his crew return to New Orleans in search of the Barnacle's first mate, Arabella. But what they find is a silver city, presided over by the notorious Madame Minuit and policed by pirates. Can Jack and his crew find their first mate, overthrow Madame Minuit, and defeat the sinister villains who have joined forces with the dreaded Madame? And, more important, can the crew's allegiance to the Barnacle survive the experience?
Before the Black Pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow. ... Adventure-seeking teenager Jack Sparrow has assembled a motley crew, and they're on the quest of a lifetime. Their goal: to locate and procure the legendary Sword of Cortes, which will grant them unimaginable power. But will this ragtag team of adventurers survive their first mission, or will they succumb to the power of the sea, vicious pirates, ancient curses, and stormy threats from the forces of nature?
Before the black pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow. . . . Jack and company are hot on the trail of the notorious pirate, Left-Foot Louis, who they believe is currently in possession of the Sword of Cortes. But chasing down a fierce seafarer is challenging, even for Jack's formidable crew. And to top it all off, newly appointed first mate Arabella has a personal score to settle with Louis, but doing so could jeopardize the entire mission!
When Tumen and Jean overhear talk of hidden silver, Jack decides that they must seek it out. It might not be gold, but it sure beats bronze. But the silver they find is not the silver they were expecting. They've gotten themselves in trouble again, this time with a brutal pirate named Long John.
From the book: Before the Black Pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow ... Captain Jack Sparrow's ship, the Barnacle, and its up-till-now unshakable crew have suddenly fallen under a sinister spell. While continuing their quest for the storied Sword of Cortes, the crew suddenly finds itself entranced by an ethereal song. As a result, each of them attempts to take the Barnacle in a different direction-- and away from the Sword's supposed location. Only Jack seems unaffected by the strange song, but can he both subdue his crew and defeat the mysterious force behind the dark spell?
Before the Black Pearl, there was a teenage stowaway named Jack Sparrow. . . . He has the enchanted sheath. He's read the mystical incantation. He's holding the all-powerful Sword of Cortes in his hands. But unfortunately for Jack Sparrow, he also has the specter of the Sword's first master-Hernan Cortes-watching over his shoulder. Now, stranded on a snowy Caribbean island, the fate of the Barnacle's crew hangs in the balance. Jack must find a way to command the unwieldy power of the Sword, defeat Cortes, and save his mates. But, as usual, it won't be very easy.
Time is about to go all funny for Jack Sparrow and his faithful crew. Fitzwilliam P. Dalton III's beloved timepiece has always been valuable to him. But it has suddenly become valuable to a lot more people- including some of the Barnacle's crew's worst enemies! It turns out that Fitz's timepiece is not only a clock, but an unbelievably powerful tool that can stop time itself. It's up to Jack and his crew to find a way to keep the timepiece out of the hands of their dangerous adversaries.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.