- Table View
- List View
Literature textbook. Pennsylvania Edition
Discover more about the stories, poems, and essays in Elements of Literature by logging on to the Internet. At go.hrw.com we help you complete your homework assignments, learn more about your favorite writers, and find facts that support your ideas and inspire you with new ones.
Language arts textbook.
This Literature books covers elements of conflicts, characters, discoveries, short story, poetry, drama, fantasy, science fiction, the myths of Greece & Rome, nonfiction, folktales, fables and novel.
This is a collection of stories, poems, and essays to help students improve their literature skills.
Literature textbook for teens.
The contents of this course include eight collections viz., Moments of Truth; Unforgettable Personalities; Machine Mania: People and Technology; All Creatures Great and Small; Justice for All; Building Bridges; Explaining Our World: Fact and Folklore; and Tell Me a Tale.
Elements Of Literature Second Course is specially designed to accommodate all students to learn literature, enabling them to acquire a skill at a time. It gives teachers an exciting way to teach in the classrooms as it also provides a teachers manual for every course titles. The English Department could not have a better book that masters, captures and informs on the elements of literature.
Throughout this book, you'll find some short passages that have been read by a reader whose responses are noted in the margin. Different readers will have different responses, but everyone who reads has some reaction. You should be aware of your responses as you read; at times, you will want to write them down. They will be useful when you write about the story later on. If you own a book, you can write in it as much as you like. Since this isn't true of a textbook, you should write your responses on paper.
This third course text book contains The Art of Storytelling, What Is Poetry, The Elements of Drama, The Elements of a Novel, and Biography and Autobiography.
Holt Elements of Literature, Fifth Course: Literature of the United States with Literature of the Americasby Richard Vacca Robert E. Probst Robert Anderson John Malcolm Brinnin John Leggett
This book provides a great selection of American literature, beginning with Native American and moving on to the twentieth century.
This book makes Literature learning easier by providing a collection of interesting poems, stories, and essays.
Emotionally charged with an exceptional poetic gift, Sylvia Plath was a woman shadowed by a dark and very private pain that could only be released through death. Her suicide would harrow and haunt three people: her husband, the poet Ted Hughes, freed by her demise and then imprisoned by her myth; Assia Gutmann Wevill, Plath's rival and Hughes's mistress, who kills herself only six years after Plath; and Robert Anderson, a young New York writer who reveals that Plath's poems and her suicide "forged my identity and, incidentally, ruined my life. " Their lives intersect, transiently and directly, through some of the more dramatic social upheavals of the past decades. Crackling with wit and verbal dexterity, Little Fugue is a stunning novel of artists caught between the erotic allure of extinction and the eternal power of poetry.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.