He's the King of kings and Lord of lords, the Savior and God with us. However, can we really know Jesus as our best friend? Robert C. Crosby shows us how we can experience Jesus in a new and intimate way -- the same way His friends knew Him. Drawing on the close relationships that Jesus had while on earth, the wisdom of great men and women of God through the ages, and personal experience, Crosby takes readers to that place of personal transformation. More than a passage, it is a day-by-day reality where deep abiding friendship takes hold. Side by side with Jesus, readers discover the greatest friendship in the universe as it was intended to be.From the Hardcover edition.
A committee is not the same thing as a team. To become a great team, a group must have a goal that is deeply challenging, a leader who is creatively empowering, and a willingness to work within a collaborative community that honors the Bible. The Bible is full of examples of great things accomplished through teaming leaders. Scripture also provides a compelling model from which church communities and teams can learn to live and serve in light of the "Divine Team" - the Trinity. Author Robert C. Crosby provides several innovative ways in which biblical teams reflect the workings and nature of the Trinity and thus the image of God. Revealing what he calls "The Four C's of Great Teams" - The Character, The Carrot, The Coach, and The Context - Crosby shows how successful teams reach their goals more effectively. Conversely, he also addresses the "Four Fatal Teaming Errors" and how to avoid unnecessary, time-consuming missteps. This book provides biblical motivations, vivid examples, and practical approaches for creating a teaming culture in any faith community. Crosby, a leader who has built teams as a senior pastor, youth leader, and university administrator, is now training and mentoring a new generation of pastors and leaders.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.