American Anthem, Modern American History: Student Edition writes down the facts and events in the American History. The activities of the people who made the nation and made a difference in the world. The authors published this book in an exciting way to study history, not just facts and dates students needed to know to ace their examinations. It interprates history written by other authors in a different time from the past but in a tasteful and meaningful connection of activities. It has also managed to capture visual evidence of various activities in history, paintings, photographs and other visual media.
American Anthem was created to make your study of American history an enjoyable, meaningful experience. The contents of the book include: The Union in Crisis (1850-1877), An Industrial Nation (1860-1920), Becoming a World Power (1898-1920), A Modern Nation (1919-1940), A Champion of Democracy (1939-1960), A Nation Facing Challenges (1954-1975), Looking Toward the Future (1968-Present), Issues in Contemporary American Society: Document-Based Investigations, etc.
A Time for Peace: The Legacy of the Vietnam War tells the story of how the American War in Vietnam has been remembered and the effects different memories have had on current events. This book is divided into four parts: Part I, "International Affairs", Part II, "Veterans and Vietnamese Americans", Part III, "Cultural Legacies", and Part IV, "Conclusion: Political Echoes of a War".
The book chronicles the major events in the history of U.S. foreign relations, from the Spanish-American-Philippine War to the present.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.