- Table View
- List View
Interviewing advice and preparation strategies.
Coronary Heart Disease: Clinical, Pathological, Imaging, and Molecular Profiles presents a comprehensive picture of ischemic heart disease for practitioners, students, and investigators dealing with the varied facets of this complex subject. Individual chapters introduce the anatomy of the coronary blood vessels and cardiac development, while others consider current imaging modalities utilized for ischemic heart disease, including stress echo, nuclear diagnostic tests, non-invasive coronary artery imaging, and coronary angiography. Imaging chapters provide key clinical information on techniques and indications, and include examples of both normal and abnormal patterns. The principle thrust of the book concerns coronary atherosclerosis, the pathology of which is presented in conjunction with the results of anatomic, non-invasive imaging and angiographic studies. Related chapters cover atherogenesis, presenting new insights into the pathophysiology of the vulnerable plaque, the role of progenitor cells in vascular injury, inflammation and atherogenesis, and the genomics of vascular remodeling. Additional topics covered include angina pectoris, acute coronary syndromes, healed myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure, catheter-based and surgical revascularization, and surgical treatment of myocardial infarction and its sequelae. With contributions from a diverse group of internationally-known physicians with broad experience in the diagnosis and treatment of coronary heart disease, this book will be a valuable resource for practitioners in clinical cardiology, thoracic surgery, pathology, and cardiovascular molecular research, as well as for students in training.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.