- Table View
- List View
Sound, Compassionate Advice for Alleviating the Physical and Emotional Symptoms of This Frequently Misunderstood Illness
A completely updated and revised edition that provides comfort, information, strategies, and advice for those living with lupus. There is no cure for lupus, so a diagnosis of this potentially debilitating autoimmune disorder is understandably disquieting. This new edition of Coping with Lupus answers all the important questions one might have and offers practical coping strategies to help those with lupus live their lives to the fullest.Dr. Robert Phillips, the founder and director of the Center for Coping, lends his expertise in dealing with the psychological aspects of chronic health problems to address a range of issues, including: The medical facts-what lupus is, and how it is diagnosed and treated Medications, nonmedical pain-control methods, exercise, and diet Lifestyle changes to maintain optimal physical and emotional health Coping strategies for virtually every facet of living with lupus
Learn to win the heart of the one you want with proven psychological techniques.
A revised and updated edition of the bestselling resource for lupus patients, their families, and medical professionals A perennial bestseller, Lupus Q&A is the go-to guide for sufferers of a chronic autoimmune disease that affects more than 1.4 million people in the United States alone. Characterized by achy joints and skin rashes, lupus often mimics other diseases, making it tricky to diagnose and treat. In this completely revised and updated edition, Dr. Robert Lahita and Dr. Robert Phillips--leading experts on lupus--discuss topics in a clear, concise, and easy-to-follow Q&A format. Lahita and Phillips review the newest drugs and explore beneficial complementary and alternative treatments, including new data on hormone use. Demystifying everything from diagnosis to the disease's psychological impact, Lupus Q&A prepares readers to face the challenges ahead--and to restore their health and their lives.
More Love Tactics picks up where best-seller Love Tactics leaves off. Based upon the overwhelming response to their first book, authors Thomas McKnight and Robert Phillips provide a host of new, imaginative, and effective strategies to help you win the one you want-or even the one you've lost. More Love Tactics is divided into three parts, each of which offers many practical ways to reach your goal. Part One first focuses on being the one you want. Are you ready to meet that special someone? The suggestions in Part One will help you get ready. Part One then tells you how to find the one you want-where to look, what to join, and how to make that crucial first move. Part Two, which centers on winning the one you want, presents the tactics needed to get the one you like to like you back. Part Three tells you how to win back the one you've lost. In this section, you'll find terrific ways to rekindle, revive, or retrieve that special past romance. Each love tactic in More Love Tactics is a proven winner. Each can provide you with that all-important psychological edge. Isn't it time for you to win at love? With More Love Tactics in hand, you've just tipped the scales in your favor.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.