Each chapter will focus on the known molecular characteristics of specific childhood cancers, focusing on how the molecular 'drivers' can be exploited from a therapeutic standpoint with currently available targeted agents. Where applicable, integration of targeted therapies with conventional cytotoxic agents will be considered. This volume will provide a comprehensive summary of molecular characteristics of childhood cancers, and how the changes involved in transformation provide us with opportunities for developing relatively less toxic, but curative, therapies.
This is the second edition of a well-received compendium of information and guidance on the diagnosis and management of the various oncological diseases that are encountered in children and adolescents. For each disease entity, fundamental facts are provided that will be relevant for a range of professionals - hospital physicians, specialist nurses, psycho-oncologists, physiotherapists, family doctors, and pediatricians. Compared with the first edition, all chapters have been updated and entirely new chapters are included on rare disorders, genetic aspects, and palliative care. Throughout, rapid orientation is ensured by the clear, consistent layout and the concise, lucid style. Pediatric Oncology: A Comprehensive Guide is an excellent, easy-to-use reference that belongs on the shelf of every practitioner who encounters or treats malignancies in the pediatric age group.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.