Proven methodologies to enhance business value by exploiting the latest global technology trends and best business and IT practicesThere is no doubt that a tidal wave of change is hitting the area of business technology; new business models are forming around the cloud, new insights on how an enterprise runs is being aided by mining massive transactional and operational data sets. Decision-making is becoming almost prescient through new classes of data visualization, data analytics, and dashboards. Despite the promise of technologies to make a difference, or perhaps because of it, IT organizations face continued challenges in realizing partnerships and trust with their business partners.While many books take on elements of these emerging developments or address the stubborn barriers to "real" partnership, none make the practices involved fit together in a highly effective fashion - until now. Strategic IT Management in Turbulent Times reveals how this framework ensures that organizations make the right strategic decisions to succeed in times of turbulence and change.Draws together authors with global experience including the Americas, Europe, Pacific Rim, and AfricaOffers a comprehensive framework for IT and business managers to maximize the value IT brings to businessAddresses the effects of turbulence on business and ITFocuses on developing partnerships and trust with businessWith practical examples and implementation guidance based on proven techniques developed by the authors over the past twenty years, Strategic IT Management in Turbulent Times considers the challenges facing today's enterprise, IT's critical role in value creation, and the practical road map for achieving strategic IT management competencies.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.