- Table View
- List View
Got a canine couch potato? In just a few weeks, man's best friend can become man's best exercise buddy. Here's how! Like their owners, more than half of American dogs are overweight. Research shows that trim pets live up to two years longer than overweight ones--making for a more healthy, vibrant life for your dog. In a groundbreaking study, top obesity expert Dr. Robert Kushner found that exercising with your dog not only benefits your furry friend, it also gives you more confidence and motivation to exercise, leading to more weight-loss success. Dr. Kushner and prominent veterinarian Dr. Marty Becker have teamed up to present a simple, comprehensive walking program--beginning with just three 15-minute walks per week--that is as good for you as it is for your dog! From starting out on the right foot (or paw) to gradually increasing the duration of your walks,Fitness Unleashed!is an indispensible guide to fitness and fun for you and your dog.
This accessible guide to obesity and its clinical management provides clear, didactic, clinically focused guidance for all healthcare professionals involved in the treatment and management of patients with obesity, thus acting as a repository of essential practical knowledge. It is an ideal practical guide for registrars and residents in endocrinology and metabolic disease, as well as all other health professionals who regularly manage obese patients, such as specialist obesity and diabetes nurses, dietitians, and general practitioners with an interest in obesity management.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.