- Table View
- List View
An undergraduate text concentrating on constitutional foundations, patterns of political behavior, political institutions, and public policy outputs. Contains chapter summaries, key terms, and discussion questions, and boxes on politics since the 1960s; public opinion; comparison of the US with other nations in areas such as tax rates. Includes color photos and graphics. This second edition expands coverage of theories of democracy; fiscal federalism; the Constitution and religion; the media; and candidate-centered politics. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc. , Portland, Or.
Government in America illustrates the impact that government has on the daily lives of each and every American, motivating students to become active participants in all aspects of our political culture, and helping overcome student apathy towards American Government.
Government in America, 2012 Election Edition looks at government's impact on the daily lives of Americans with a public policy approach. This text introduces the main features of American politics and helps students see that politics drives what government can-or cannot do-for the people. This text features full integration with the New MyPoliSciLab. MyPoliSciLab includes a wide array of resources to encourage students to look at American politics like a political scientist.
Government in America AP Edition provides AP students with a better understanding of our fascinating political system. This fourteenth edition of Government in America continues to frame its content with a public policy approach to government in the United States. We continually ask--and answer-- the question, "What difference does politics make to the policies governments produce?" It is one thing to describe the Madisonian system of checks and balances and separation of powers or the elaborate and unusual federal system of government in the United States; it is something else to ask how these features of our constitutional structure affect the policies governments generate.
Government in America, AP Edition is meant to provide readers with a better understanding of the fascinating political system. This fifteenth edition of Government in America, AP Edition continues to frame its content with a public policy approach to government in the United States.
Politics matters. That is the core message of this book. The national government provides important services, ranging from retirement security and health care to recreation facilities and weather forecasts. The national government may also send us to war or negotiate peace with our adversaries, expand or restrict our freedom, raise or lower our taxes, and increase or decrease aid to education. In the twenty-first century, decision makers of both political parties are facing difficult questions regarding American democracy and the scope of our government. Students need a framework for understanding these questions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.