- Table View
- List View
* Easy-to-use A-Z format -- features profiles of 300 drugs * Vital information on side effects and drug interactions * Cutting-edge research on the latest drug therapies . . . and much more Know the facts about the drugs you take. With two thirds of the more than 1. 6 billion prescriptions a year written for women, there's an urgent need for a clear, concise resource to help sort through the confusing -- and often contradictory -- bombardment of information and advertising for the drugs we take. This authoritative guide provides an essential list of the drugs used exclusively by women -- fertility drugs, contraceptives, breast cancer drugs, estrogens -- plus drugs for cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high cholesterol, diabetes, and other health problems that affect women in greater numbers than men. It features: * 200 prescription drug profiles covering more than 300 drugs * Each drug's brand name, generic name, classification, dosage, side effects, drug and food/alcohol interactions, and pregnancy/nursing risks * New research on which drugs affect women differently than men * Facts even your doctor may not know * Questions to ask the pharmacist -- before you take the drug * Cautions for ordering drugs over the Internet * Special warnings for seniors * A guide to nonprescription and over-the-counter medications Plus -- a special women's resource directory for health-related issues and Web site addresses
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.