- Table View
- List View
* Easy-to-use A-Z format -- features profiles of 300 drugs * Vital information on side effects and drug interactions * Cutting-edge research on the latest drug therapies . . . and much more Know the facts about the drugs you take. With two thirds of the more than 1. 6 billion prescriptions a year written for women, there's an urgent need for a clear, concise resource to help sort through the confusing -- and often contradictory -- bombardment of information and advertising for the drugs we take. This authoritative guide provides an essential list of the drugs used exclusively by women -- fertility drugs, contraceptives, breast cancer drugs, estrogens -- plus drugs for cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high cholesterol, diabetes, and other health problems that affect women in greater numbers than men. It features: * 200 prescription drug profiles covering more than 300 drugs * Each drug's brand name, generic name, classification, dosage, side effects, drug and food/alcohol interactions, and pregnancy/nursing risks * New research on which drugs affect women differently than men * Facts even your doctor may not know * Questions to ask the pharmacist -- before you take the drug * Cautions for ordering drugs over the Internet * Special warnings for seniors * A guide to nonprescription and over-the-counter medications Plus -- a special women's resource directory for health-related issues and Web site addresses
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.