- Table View
- List View
Two of today's top addiction consultants guide families devastated by a loved one's addiction. As countless families can attest, addiction is a disease that destroys families, not just individuals. Secrecy, depression, anger, and confusion are hallmark traits of addicted families. Addiction wrecks the family's home life, consumes the family's financial resources, and depletes the family's emotional reserves. Now, having helped thousands of families confront addiction, two of the nation's leading interventionists, Robert Poznanovich and Andrew T. Wainwright, have created a survival guide for families. With compelling case histories and real-life scenarios, the authors set forth a practical course of action for families to break free from the grip of addiction, a process that culminates with an intervention for the addict. The process liberates and forever changes the family. Even if the addict refuses treatment, truth about addiction has been spoken during the intervention and the family is free to move ahead with or without the addict. In 2001, authors Andrew T. Wainwright and Robert Poznanovich founded Addiction Intervention Resources, Inc. (AIR), a national behavioral health consulting, intervention and recovery management company that provides solutions to families and organizations that are struggling as a result of addictions, eating disorders, and mental illness in their homes and offices. They specialize in alcohol intervention, drug addiction intervention, sex addiction intervention, gambling intervention, eating disorder intervention and other compulsive self-destructive behavior interventions as well as mental health intervention and crisis management.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.