A study of Protestantism in America which traces the efforts of main line denominations to fully Christianize the United States beginning with an overview of the colonial history of religion and focusing primarily on the 19th and early 20th centuries.
Every age must re-examine astrological tradition in the light of its own experience. In Horoscope Symbols, Robert Hand, one of the foremost astrologers of his generation, recreates astrology for our time. In this book, Hand takes the reader deep into the heart of each of the planets (and other Every age must re-examine astrological tradition in the light of its own experience. In Horoscope Symbols, Robert Hand, one of the foremost astrologers of his generation, recreates astrology for our time. In this book, Hand takes the reader deep into the heart of each of the planets (and other points), angular relationships (aspects and midpoints), zodiacal positions (signs), and mundane positions (angles and houses). Whether you're a beginning student or a practicing professional, Horoscope Symbols takes you beyond your present conception of astrology into a whole new realm of understanding. Horoscope Symbols takes the beginner beyond cookbook interpretations to genuine insight, beyond superficial keywords to the fundamental principles that underlie astrology, beyond overemphasis on signs to the primacy of planets and angles. Although Hand assumes little prior knowledge of astrology, the more you know, the more you will get out of this book. Hand takes the expert beyond the fatalism of tradition to a deep understanding of the role of personal choice in the life of the individual, beyond fortune-telling to the true source of human experience. In writing Horoscope Symbols, Hand draws not only on his years of experience as an astrologer counselor, writer and teacher, but on his vast erudition in science, history, philosophy and psychology. Horoscope Symbols is humanistic astrology at its best.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.