- Table View
- List View
Since its introduction almost 20 years ago, phage display technology has revolutionized approaches to the analysis of biomedical problems, quickly impacting the fields of immunology, cell biology, biotechnology, pharmacology, and drug discovery. In Antibody Phage Display: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition, expert researchers explore the latest in this cutting-edge technology, providing an invaluable resource that will guide readers in the design and execution of experiments based around antibody phage display. Chapters present a wide range of methods of isolating recombinant antibodies from phage display libraries, examine how the targets recognized by antibodies of interest can be identified, discuss the identification and exploitation of antibodies that can enter cells and bind to cytosolic targets, and include novel approaches to the expression of recombinant antibodies. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Detailed and innovative, Antibody Phage Display: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a critical handbook on phage display technology which is certain to stimulate the reader's imagination as much as it will guide future practice in the laboratory.
This comprehensive collection of established antibody phage display protocols features authoritative guidance that will enable the nonspecialist successfully to carry them out. Coverage spans the construction of antibody libraries, the selection of antibody clones with the desired properties, and their modification, expression, and purification. Comprehensive and highly practical, Antibody Phage Display: Methods and Protocols provides biochemists, molecular biologists, and immunologists with a gold-standard reference guide to the successful isolation, modification, and expression of recombinant antibodies using today's powerful phage display technology.
Encouraging Words is a collection of short talks and brief essays that Aitken Rashi has offered his students at meditation retreats during the past two decades. They are arranged according to themes central to all spiritual seekers -- attention, emptiness, coming and going, diligence, death and the afterlife, the sacred self, and the moral path. Aitken provides guidance on pursuing religious practice in a lay context, "re-casting the Dharma to include women, jobs, and family." He also charts his own quest to develop a set of moral codes in keeping with Buddhism's basic precepts and honoring the enormous ethical challenges faced in the twentieth century.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Robert Aiken, author of Encouraging Words and Taking the Path of Zen, is America's most senior Zen Roshi. In this new book he presents the Ten Pãramitãs, of Transcendental Perfections--namely, giving, mortality, forbearance, zeal, focused meditation, wisdom, compassionate means, aspiration, spiritual power, and knowledge--two-thousand-year-old ideals that can serve us as both methods and goals. The Pãramitãs are the "skillful means" a person may employ to nurture and develop his or her spiritual and moral life. In religious instruction we are often met be restrictions, and are told what not to do. The Pãramitãs, explained from a Zen perspective, offer the seeker ten positive means of action, ten ways to live a life of clarity and grace in a modern world where neither seems easy or even possible. The transcendental perfections can lead us toward a life that is both spiritually invigorated and socially engaged. Aitken Roshi's way of teaching--anecdotal, careful, insightful, and easily accessible--leads us further along the path of harmony and balance. Each of the inspiring and instructional essays in this book is followed by a section in which Aitken answers questions most often asked by his own students in their course of study. The Practice of Perfection will be useful to seekers of all cultures and faiths.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.