- Table View
- List View
When Sadie Wise strikes up a seemingly innocent conversation with a stranger on a train, the only thing on her mind is finding her husband Eddie and making him sign their divorce papers. She tells Mona that Eddie has been avoiding her for years but now Sadie knows where he is, she can finally be free from him. In Sadie's mind, it's a throwaway moment. In Mona's mind, Sadie is asking Mona to do something very dangerous for her. That one chance encounter sets off a chain of events involving murder, deception and danger and Sadie soon realises that Mona has taken their meeting very seriously. Because now Mona is everywhere and she won't leave Sadie alone until she's fulfilled her side of their 'deal' . . .
The first part in this four-part ebook-serial from Roberta Kray - no one knows crime like Kray. Harry Lind isn't a huge fan of the honeytrap side of his detective business so when there are no male 'honeytraps' available for a client he takes a hell of a lot of convincing to step up. And then he runs into an old acquaintance when he's on the job and things get a lot worse. Ellen Shaw is trouble with a capital T but why is she talking to Danny Street, one of the most notorious gangsters in the East End? Suddenly, Harry feels as though he's about to get involved in a different kind of trap altogether . . . Full of strong characters and authentic East End gangland action, The Honeytrap is an enthralling read from the author of No Mercy and Streetwise.
Roberta Kray_s first novel was published to universal acclaim: _You might expect a crime novel written by the widow of Reggie Kray would be tough _ it is. Recommend this to fans of Ian Rankin and Ken Bruen_ (Booklist). In this third novel, there_s more from the dangerous and unpredictable underworld she knows so well. Private eye Harry Lind doesn_t believe in ghosts. Little Grace Harper went missing over twenty years ago, and missing girls can_t just reappear _ or can they? It takes a brutal murder to make him think again. Reporter Jess Vaughan is convinced that Grace is still alive but she_s going to need some help to prove it. As she and Harry begin to unravel an age-old web of deceit and betrayal their discoveries soon put them on a collision course with one of London_s most notorious gangsters. The search for the truth is about to lead them into a world where people will kill to preserve their secrets.
Ava Gold's employment options are rapidly shrinking and, not wanting to go back to driving minicabs, she lands herself a trial run at being nightclub owner Chris Street's personal driver. Chris is one of the men about town in Kellston, East London, and is initially suspicious of having a female driver, but Ava soon proves her worth, and beyond. Still, working for one of the notorious Streets - who have a past history of violence reaching back to the boom time of the sixties - is never going to be easy. Chris' ex-wife is newly involved with his worst enemy and his younger brother Danny and his crazy girlfriend are up to something that will pull Ava into a world of blackmail, murder, sex and greed...
Jo Strong is the youngest widow in the East End. Running her late husband's jewellery shop, mercilessly bullied by her evil mother-in-law, she is trying to get her life back together again. But then the 14-year-old daughter of one of the East end's most notorious gangsters is kidnapped, and Jo finds herself in a deadly race against time to rescue the girl - before it is too late. And to get her back, she'll have to join forces with damaged but handsome bad boy Gabe Miller, a man who has a dark past of his own?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.