- Table View
- List View
When FILTHY RICH was first published in 1989, there were close to one million nonprofit organizations competing for cash to fund projects. Today, that number has more than doubled, and the competition for funding is as fierce as ever. While nonprofits' philanthropical outlook may distinguish them from their for-profit counterparts, they still have to keep an eye on the bottom line if they are to keep their projects funded and successful. In this revised and updated guide to running a nonprofit, Dr. Richard Steckel explains that, just like the most visionary venture capitalist, nonprofits must channel their dreams of grandeur into a goal-oriented, entrepreneurial organization. Follow Dr. Steckel's realistic, step-by-step plan to develop a strong vision, get your message heard, and make money to keep your nonprofit alive!From the Trade Paperback edition.
This vaulable resource gives us another chance to look at junk that would normally be thrown out and turn it into something truly beautiful.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.