- Table View
- List View
"Tired of juggling healthy cooking with the time crunch in today's busy schedules? Ready to make something spectacular out of those dusty foodstuffs in your pantry? If so, then Robyn Webb's 200 Healthy Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less! is the cookbook for you. From quick and easy family favorites, like Best Oven-Fried Chicken, to sumptuous treats, such as Chocolate Spice Pudding, you'll never run out of tasty, healthy meals for you and your family." "You'll also rediscover your passion for grilling, with 23 recipes containing marinades and grilling instructions. And the two weeks' worth of complete menus for any occasion, each with its own individualized recipes, will allow you to entertain guests, share a romantic dinner, or feed a hungry family with ease. Complete nutritional information and exchanges are also included with each recipe for your convenience."--From the Book Jacket.
Quick and Nutritional Meals for People with Diabetes This new edition shows you how to prepare great-tasting meals specifically for people with diabetes, in 30 minutes or less.Each recipe now adheres to the new nutrition guidelines of the American Diabetes Association and is guaranteed to be low in saturated fat. Whether you're looking for appetizers, desserts, soups, salads, or entrees, Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes--Or Less! offers more than 140 great-tasting and fast recipes.
InDr. Neal Barnard's Get Healthy, Go Vegan Cookbook, the country's leading diabetes team weighs in on America's hottest dietary trend. The cookbook is based on a landmark two-year study conducted by Dr. Barnard, which showed that a vegan diet more effectively controls type 2 diabetes. In fact, it's also beneficial for weight loss, the reversal of heart disease, and the improvement of many other conditions. Dr. Barnard and nutritionist Robyn Webb now offer easy, delicious meals to improve your health. Featuring 125 flavorful recipes, readers will find all-occasion dishes that use familiar ingredients and require minimal effort. All recipes are free of animal products, low in fat, and contain a low-to-moderate glycemic index. Barnard and Webb explain how diet changes can have such dramatic health effects and provide simple ways to get started. With convenient menus, scientifically proven advice, and inspiring stories from real people who have used Barnard's recommendations to turn their health around, there's no better cookbook to help you eat well and feel great.
The American Heart Association recommends no more than two-thirds of a teaspoon of salt per day, but it's easy to exceed that in just one meal. For anyone with hypertension, heart disease, or diabetes--and the millions of Americans whose high salt intake puts them at risk of developing these conditions--You Won't Believe It's Salt-Freeoffers 125 delicious no-salt recipes that take family dinners from monotonous to mouth-watering. Culinary expert Robyn Webb reveals her secret: simple spice blends that anyone can buy or make at home, plus recipes that use exotic aromatics like kaffir lime leaves and star anise to create bold, beautiful flavors. From Chipotle Chicken to Herbs de Provence Squash, there is something for everyone's palate. Once you experiment beyond the salt shaker, your health will improve and your cooking will too.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.